Our Senior Compositor has a strong background in television and/or feature film compositing work. The perfect candidate will be proficient in diverse aspects of the compositing process with a strong foundational sense of artistic and technical shot composition. You will also function as a mentor to less senior artists by encouraging their learning and growth while also helping nurture a sense of professionalism and teamwork amongst all Od Studios artists.
- Your principal responsibilities involve efficiently performing compositing shot work of the highest quality for any projects assigned to you.
- Working alongside the Compositing Supervisor and the VFX Supervisor, evaluate creative and technical approaches for assigned shots.
- Performing all tasks associated with the Compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and color grading on moderately difficult to very difficult shots.
- Maintaining the overall look, color balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work.
- Ability to work within production deadlines and communicate technical and artistic challenges to your Compositing Supervisor and Producers without delay.
- Ability to collaborate with artists from other disciplines.
Basic skills and talents:
- At least 5 years relevant professional VFX experience
- Excellent knowledge of Nuke.
- Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and color.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong sense of composition, color, and design.
- Understanding of photography, composition, lighting, color, and motion
- Ability to mentor less experienced Compositors
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems.
- Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins is a plus.
- Python and/or coding experience a plus