Od’s pipeline developer will work closely with the head of pipeline to design and create a world class feature animation and visual effects pipeline. Using best of breed tools and systems, our developers are given the freedom to innovate and build forward looking, scalable toolsets to help the studio achieve its goals.
- Assist in designing and building Od’s asset management system
- Develop pipeline tools to for in-house applications and also for software such as Maya, Houdini and Nuke, ensuring that they meet departmental standards as requested by supervisors and/or heads of department
- Work with stakeholders to participate in the complete software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, designing, supporting and maintaining software
- Create and communicate documentation on the tools developed and provide training to other users
- Partners with other discipline leadership in determining various cross department solutions, improvements and collaboration.
- Perform quality control on work before submitting it for review/approval, ensuring all technical specifications are met, and integrate comments from peer review;
- Keep the project team and/or the Head of Pipeline informed of the status of work, issues to be resolved, ramifications of problems encountered and recommend potential solutions;
- Ensure deadlines are met, advising the project team promptly if delays could be expected.
Basic skills and talents:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related field, or equivalent experience;
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Fluent communication skills in English;
- Proficient with Python 3.x and/or C++;
- Experience working on scripts and command line applications (Unix);
- Good understanding of Linux operating system;
- Strong skills in debugging and development tests;
- Able to communicate solutions to issues in a clear and concise manner;
- Excellent sense of prioritization and respect of deadlines.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Nuke, Houdini or Maya