Od’s Visual Effects Producer is at the heart of production and is responsible for managing all aspects of a show, liaising with the client throughout. Responsible for the efficient running of the production, you will be reporting directly on the progress of the visual effects work each week to both the client and Head of Production. As a main part of your role you will work closely with the Visual Effects Supervisor to bid work, and also in working with the Facility Resource Manager to plan and schedule resources to effectively approach the needs of the work.
As the driving force of your team you will actively plan their day to day work, ensuring they are supported by facility departments where required, whilst motivating them to work closely and confidently with their teams to ensure the progression of the work to the client’s satisfaction.
You will also participate in the evaluation of potential projects with the executive team.
- Responsible for bidding new shots or changes to the current scope of work.
- Take action towards profit generation, client satisfaction, schedule & quality at every stage of the project
- Provide budget targets translated in days to the Department supervisors and work with them to reach them.
- Prepare different budget reports as requested, either internally or by the client.
- Ensure that the production pipeline is followed at every level and that data is accurate at any time in Shotgrid.
- Oversee general scheduling and Project Manager project plan.
- Responsible for making sure the Milestones Schedule is respected.
- Responsible for planning On Set supervision.
- Responsible for proposing different solutions when problems occur on the project at every level.
- Responsible for initiating OT, Approving OT & presenting the budget which ensues from it.
- Act as a leader of the conversation in Client cinesync.
- Responsible for analyzing through the project resources needed for the completion of the shot and assets.
Basic skills and talents:
- Proven production experience as a VFX Producer on high end VFX feature films.
- Proven project management experience.
- Expertise in building effective working relationships and communicating with clients.
- High-level knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Advance knowledge of Shotgrid software.
- Show an in depth understanding of the VFX process and pipeline.
- Possess the ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Minimum education of Diploma level or equivalent.